You can create a career for life, our client is now looking for experienced Building Services Engineer (Plumber) within their Building Services Department.
Reporting to the Building Services Managers the successful engineer will take on the role of supporting the mechanical department with their ongoing works and variety of projects.
Your jobs will be sent through via a smart device to enable completion of reports. Customer service is of paramount importance and we therefore require excellent communication skills as you will be required to contact customers regarding appointments.
Due to the nature of the varied projects, works can be Nationwide and require flexible working hours. These projects can include supermarket/retail, social housing, schools, prisons, police stations, colleges, care homes, undertaking breakdowns and installation works.
An experienced, reliable, team player will be a welcome addition to the current team.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel daily as required for the needs of the business, participation in an Emergency Call Out service is essential as is proven experience within a commercial, domestic and industrial environment.
We undertake contracts and projects for varied companies that require our employees to undertake clearances along with an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance.
This is a full-time position and hours of work will be Monday – Thursday 07:45hrs to 16:30hrs and Friday 07:45hrs to 15:30hrs (39 hours per week). These hours are on-site start and finish times.
This will also involve possible working away from time to time as deemed necessary for the needs of the business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- All aspects associated with a qualified Plumbing Engineer with proven experience of working within a similar environment.
- Overseeing, supervising and training of site personnel including trainees and apprentices.
- Knowledge/understanding of the contract design and construction drawings.
- Enforcing and monitoring Health & Safety practices on site.
- Attendance of regular site meetings.
- To identify and implement improvements to any aspect of the service that the company provides.
- Ensure that acceptable levels of customer care are always provided.
- To provide cover for other associated staff during times of absence.
- Regular use of computer systems and other software packages.
- Participation in Emergency Call Out service.
- Our client undertakes contracts and projects for varied companies that require their employees to undertake clearances along with an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance.
The above information should only be used as a guide to the duties and responsibilities expected of the Building Services Engineer (Plumber). It should be noted that the duties and responsibilities might not include or be limited to the information given above as these may vary from time to time, depending on the contracts in hand and in accordance with the Directors discretion.
Qualifications & Experience
- NVQ Level 2 in Mechanical Engineering (Plumbing/Heating) or equivalent
- Unvented Hot Water
- Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
- Proven experience of working within a similar environment
- Competent in IT skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and compliance
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and the ability to integrate and be an active part in the team
- You must hold a full current UK driving licence and have had 6 months driving experience since passing your test and live within an hour of the Peterborough area.
- Willing to travel daily, to stay away overnight or work away as required for the needs of the business
- Participation in an Emergency Call Out service is essential
- JIB PHMES CSCS Card
- Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- IOSH Managing/Working Safely
- First Aid at Work
- Able to adapt communication skills to a variety of situations.
- Present a professional image and the company brand.
- Plan and prioritise personal objectives along with the company’s priorities.
- Encourage others to develop themselves and act as a role model.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Positive attitude and the ability to integrate and be an active part in the team.
- Encourages ideas and innovations for current or new situations.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the construction process.
- Remains resilient when under pressure and encourages optimism.
- Aware of own impact on others and takes peoples’ feelings and needs into consideration.
- Company vehicle plus fuel card
- Mobile phone
- Corporate clothing
- Free Parking
- Auto enrolment into the company Group Accident & Insurance Scheme
- 21 days holiday plus all bank holidays
- Continuous training and development
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Health & wellbeing support from qualified MHFA Adult First Aiders
- Generous long service awards scheme
- Employee Profit Share Scheme
- Our client are an Equal Opportunities and Investors in People Accredited Company