Interpret project requirements, provide design input and prepare, amend and issue CAD design drawings for the Contracting Team in line with internal and external Customer requirements and to agreed deadlines/programme of works.
The role requires complete responsibility for all pre and post order drawing requests from the Pre-order Sales team and Post Order Regional Project Management team, ensuring drawing are produced on time to the deadlines set and that drawings are concise and accurate.
Pre order support and responsibility
- Adhere to deadlines set by the Team Leader in conjunction with Salesforce/customers for all pre order work and prioritise workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all drawings produced are accurate and fully reflect the scope/specification provided.
- Directly contact customers/Salesforce and resolve any queries/issues, with assistance as required.
- If and when workload dictates – Compile/build up pre order library of drawings that can be issued for similar projects and easily identified and retrieved by others if necessary.
Post order support and responsibility
- Carry out the preparation of working drawings for approval in line with project requirements and agreed programme of works, and in line with current design procedure.
- To prioritise workload to ensure that all drawings are completed and submitted for approval in line with the agreed deadlines/ programme of works, under supervision.
- To take main responsibility for Customer contact (as required) to collate and obtain up to date drawing information to enable the preparation of drawings, with assistance as required.
- Ensure that all drawings are signed off by the Project Manager and Technical Designer (if applicable) prior to issuing.
Preparation of Drawings
- Drawings to be produced on AutoCAD in accordance with relevant legislation and latest British Standards and to our customer’s standards and house style.
- Drawings to be produced in accordance with the latest CAD Guidance Note.
Issuing of Drawings
- Issue and record drawings in accordance with our customer’s standard procedure to internal and external customers as and when required.
- Ensure that the drawing issue sheet is completed for all drawings.
- Use of Document Management sites, when required.
Modification of Drawings
- Revise drawings in line with internal and external customer comments. Revision must be in line with project specification and scope of works.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the company QHSE Policy.
- All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes and procedures of the Company.
- Previous dealings with customers
- Previous experience in CAD design for an engineering /building services organisation
- Production of AutoCAD drawings
- Technical knowledge of our customer’s smoke ventilation products or similar
- Building services or engineering knowledge
- 3D – Inventor or Revit
- Computer literate with MS office applications
- Basic understanding of engineering and structures
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and construction drawings
- Relevant AutoCAD qualification
- MSc/BSc/BEng in building services or similar discipline
* Friendly and approachable
* Articulate and able to communicate on the telephone and face to face
* Organised and flexible approach to work