The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for:
- Liaising with Project Managers and mechanical & electrical sub-contractor installers to gain knowledge and understanding of the system to be commissioned.
- Testing and setting systems.
- Interfacing with Fire Alarm and Building Management Contractors to ensure the system works in conjunction with smoke & fire detections systems and any other systems as required.
- Final testing, demonstration and training to client.
- Ensuring Commissioning Certificate is signed by Customer.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Check on a daily basis Commissioning Diary, maintained by Commissioning Manger, to identify required whereabouts.
- Liaise with E&W Post Order administration to update Commissioning Diary with regard to any changes to working hours, movement of projects, sickness or holidays.
- Liaise with Project Managers, sub-contractors and other Personnel (as required) to understand project requirements and any specific Commissioning needs.
- Obtain/ download information, drawings and software via our customer’s system/ network to gain familiarisation of project specifics prior to site attendance.
- Compile method statements, risk assessments & site reports as and when required.
- Check on daily basis and reply as necessary to e-mails.
- Ensure Commissioning Certificate is signed by Customer and returned to Post Order Administration at the earliest possible opportunity.
Setting to Work
- Check equipment & installation in line with project specification, requirements and drawings and relevant standards.
- Carry out static electric checks and record readings.
- Apply power to control panel(s).
- Download software & fit labels for OPV systems.
- Check system addresses in line with schematic/ software & modify as required.
More details available on request
- Fully conversant with current IEE regulations.
- Knowledge of Apollo, Echelon, CCS200 & Honeywell Control systems.
- Working within a building and/or construction industry.
- Working with both pneumatic & electrical based control systems.
- Working with both single & three phase power supplies & control systems.
- Knowledge of products & systems.
More details on request
- GCSE Level or equivalent English & Maths.
- Formal construction qualification passed or currently ongoing.
- Qualified Electrician.
- Certification in the use of mobile access equipment.
- CSCS Card Holder.