· China: Xiamen
· Experience: 2 YEARS
· Positions: 5-10
· Degree Required
Our customer provides a curriculum, an academic outline (in 3-week blocks), sample lesson plans, in-class activities and printable materials, though we invite qualified teachers to tailor the class to their strengths and preferences.
The class size for all our classes is capped at 18 students, with two assistant teachers for each class. The student:teacher ratio is 6:1. Teachers are given 3 hours of prep time for every 4 hours of class, and a one-hour break per day.
The work schedule varies.
Details of Position
Our customer is a bilingual Montessori-inspired school for children aged 2-6 looking for Lead Teachers.
Teachers must have a university degree, a passport from a native-English speaking country, a criminal record check and either an authenticated TEFL certificate OR 2 years of post-university teaching experience.
Salary and Benefits
* Salary – Up to 23,000 yuan/month (dependent on certifications, experience, desired workload) this equates to c. £2792/month
* Housing – 2,000 yuan / month
* Moving stipend – 2,500 yuan (with first paycheck)
* Airfare – 6,000 yuan / 12-month contract
* Visa – Costs repaid after probation for notarization, authentication, visa, etc. (exc. shipping & time)
* Insurance – Comprehensive public & private insurance
* Holidays – 22 personal days, 11 national holidays
* Re-sign incentive – 1 month’s salary (with salary for month 10 of second year)
* Annual raise – up to 10 percent, based on performance review
* Meals – Lunch and snacks provided (vegetarian meals available upon request)
* Training – Free professional education program; free Chinese classes
Cumulative second-year pay is a significant bump that exceeds 10 percent (bonus plus raise) – teacher retention is encouraged.