Applications are invited for the role of Head Porter in a prestigious apartment block near Battersea, London. The successful applicant will have served in a branch of the British Armed Forces and probably at SNCO level.
The role will require very high levels of integrity, tact and discretion as well as the experience, personality and skills to lead the existing team. As Head Porter the applicant will be responsible for shift patterns and for all matters pertaining to the training, discipline, conduct and welfare of the existing team of porters.
The Head porter will write and conduct shift patterns as well as standing-in for porters on leave or indisposed.
Responsible for the consistent and high standard porter/security services at a high-profile residential building. Comply with all procedures relating residential building whilst working closely with the security team in the adjoining building.
- To occupy the reception desk at all times in order to meet residents, visitors and contractors and to provide security at the entrance to the building
- To complete a full recorded handover including all relevant information
- Greet all persons arriving at reception courteously and appropriately
- To inform residents of the arrival of guests, visitors and contractors before allowing access to the lifts and common parts
- To ensure that all contractors working for the Landlord or the Managing Agent are booked in with the Security Team and the Building Manager is aware of their presence
- To assist residents with shopping and luggage after ensuring that the reception will not be left unattended for any length of time
- To manage the issue and safekeeping of keys to common parts and apartments at all times
- To patrol all areas of the premises regularly
- Monitor and assist all residential parking requirements
- To ensure that you are familiar with all emergency evacuation procedures and your role in them
- To monitor the CCTV system at all times
- To report any suspicious activities to the Security Team, complete the handover book and assist where necessary
- To report to the Security Manager and Building Manager on a regular basis, detailing any defects or faults
- To accept parcels on behalf of residents and keep them secure until contact is made with the addressee
- To carry out any reasonable request made by the Security Manager, Building Manager or representative from the Managing Agent
- All persons entering the building who are not known to you should be politely challenged and assisted
- Requirement to comply with our customer’s procedures including the Porters’ procedures
- To contribute, or otherwise assist as required
Qualities and skills required
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Good written, communication and organisational skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of electronic security systems and an understanding of protective security measures
- Good administrative and people management skills
- Immaculately dressed in uniform provided at all times
- Flexible to work at other locations as required
- Able to work shifts (day and night)
This job description reflects the core activities of the role although there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.