You will be working within the Service Division which specialises in providing a planned preventative maintenance programme and repair service for clients in the smoke control, climate control and building design fields. The Project Scheduler will assume responsibility for all orders from point of receipt on Bann through to job completion. They will ensure that all service contracts are delivered within the contract period and customer repairs are carried out within an acceptable time frame. Sales turnover will be maximised by ensuring all available employed and subcontract labour is fully utilised. Project related information must be presented to clients and operatives in a professional manner.
**This role forms a pivotal link between the office-based team and the rest of the division**
KEY RESULT AREA KEY OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES
• Agree work programmes to suit customer demand and resource availability, adopting a flexible approach to customer needs. • Ensure that Service Engineers and Sub-Contractors are fully utilised throughout the working week, with priority being given to employed Service Engineers. • Adopt a proactive stance with regards to scheduling repair work, using knowledge and experience of lead times to assist with forward planning. • Forward plan workloads at least two weeks in advance. • Manage and rearrange all WIP work • Provide the Service Management Team with monthly forecasting information with regards to invoiced sales. • Use expiry reports within Baan to ensure all Service contracts are executed within the contract period. Formulate an action plan at least two months in advance of contract expiry date. • Use Baan reports to ensure customer repairs orders are scheduled as soon as materials are available. • Adopt a disciplined approach to ensure Baan data and text are maintained at all times. This is to include the attending engineer and proposed date of attendance.
• Organise and prioritise workload allowing sufficient time to produce information packs for all forthcoming projects containing Method Statement, Risk Assessment, Equipment Schedule and details of operatives attending. This information must be issued to the customer well in advance of our attendance. • Issue Service Engineers and Sub-Contractors with Work Instructions, which will include time allowances, customer and site details, equipment schedules, method statements and risk assessments as appropriate. • In addition, Engineers must receive a copy of the previous Service Worksheet and if a repair, the full scope of our quotation.
• Issue internal and external purchase orders. Also action purchase ledger approval for subcontract labour and access equipment (Thermax and Motivair for example). Purchase orders above an agreed value (currently £10K) are to be reviewed with and signed by the Senior Project Scheduler and Business Support Manager as appropriate. • Act as frontline customer service contact for emergencies, breakdowns and incoming calls. • Ensure that callouts for contract customers are attended within the agreed SLA timescales (normally within 24 hours). Utilisation of the nearest engineer or sub-contractor is essential to minimising disruption. Order numbers must be obtained and confirmation of instructions should be requested by email. • Liaise with Service Engineers on a daily basis to confirm the status of all live projects and update the system accordingly. • Notify the Parts Co-ordinator by raising a task when parts are required. • Liaise with the QHSE team where necessary to ensure all engineer and site requirements are met • Manage and issue all site permit requirements to ensure works can be completed on first attempt, avoiding additional costs for reattendance. • Send relevant work permits for key sites as required and log onto portals to raise permits as and when appropriate. • Support and assist with the implementation of the new scheduling package
• Upon receipt of worksheet from Engineers and Sub-contractors, identify if work is complete. • If work is complete reconcile the worksheet with the dairy and Baan system. If incomplete, enter the details on the work in progress spreadsheet as appropriate, after reconciliation with the diary. • Match engineer worksheets to the appropriate project in preparation for invoice processing. • Administer a robust chase procedure to ensure worksheets are received in a timely manner RAMS • Utilising information contained within the project files, produce a site-specific Method Statement and Risk Assessment for every service and inspection we attend. • A Method Statement and Risk Assessment will be requested from the Estimating team for repair projects. • Ensure site specific RAMS are produce and issued to the customer well in advance of our attendance. General • To answer customer calls and take responsibility, ownership and redirect as appropriate. • Monitor, maintain and action emails received into your Inbox. • During busy periods and holiday cover, monitor and action items as necessary in the Service Inbox. • Arrange all hotel and travel accommodation as required. • Assist other members of the team in times of high output or during holiday periods. • Undertake other duties as required from time to time by the Service Management team.
• Ensure that the service electronic filing system is maintained at all times. • Ensure the project specific information is saved to the appropriate SC file number on the shared drive. • Our customer operates a tidy desk policy system which should be adhered to at all times. • Ensure that our customer’s house-style is maintained at all times. QHSE It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the company QHSE Policy. All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes and procedures of the Company.
• Experience with Microsoft Office – primarily Word and Excel.
• Similar duties with an HVAC company.
• Experience gained within a similar role.
• Knowledge and experience of working with our customer’s Business Process Systems (ie Baan).
• Awareness of QHSE legislation and its implication on our business.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing to all levels and in all mediums.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• GCSE pass C or above (or equivalent) qualification in Maths and English.
• NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or similar.
If you feel that this is the place where you belong and start your career with a ton of new opportunities, please do not hesitate to apply for the job position.
Alternatively, if you have any questions about this job position please call Call: 07817 458 288 or 07498 755 102.