** Three Month Contract with possibility of extension **
** £ Attractive Salary **
The tasks required will be RAMS analysis of Challenger 2 turret design solutions at the assessment phase. The RAMS engineer will undertake the following:
• Understand and assess customer requirements
• Perform all required project RAM analyses e.g. FMEA (Failure modes and effects analysis) FMECA (Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis) plus Statistical Reliability/Availability Analysis etc.
• Perform functional safety analysis such as SIL calculations, FTA, etc
• Work in close collaboration with design engineers and other stakeholders to achieve project objectives
Core Duties & Responsibilities
• Working with clients to develop and perform Reliability Growth Test Planning and Management
• Working with clients performing Weibull analysis on components and systems on development and in-service vehicle programs.
• Performing Reliability & Maintainability Analysis on client programs in accordance with various Standard’s and Client Requirements.
• Development and update of Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) for client projects and programs in accordance with various Standard’s and Client Requirements.
• Conduct Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Analysis
• Support or conduct Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
• Support and write technical reports including FMECA reports, RCM reports
• Ensure data governance, configuration control, validity & integrity.
Behavioural & Role Competences
• A self-motivated and pragmatic individual, with an ability to work effectively as part of a team to deliver successfully to schedule and budget.
• Ability to effectively adhere to flexible work schedules and locations to support the business and work requirements.
• Ability to develop close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders & interfaces to progress business and program demands
• Ability to identify value for money options through challenging the norm and implementing innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate will ideally have experience in reliability analysis including the application of Mil Handbook 217, Def Stan 00-600, 00-040, 00-042 and the Defence Logistic Framework (DLF).
Degree, or higher education qualification in engineering, physics or mathematics.
Experience in the conduct and/or development of Reliability program/regimes in one of the following industries: Aero/Land/Maritime/Energy/Nuclear/Utilities, Transportation or Defence.
Familiarity with analysis using modern software tools and techniques such as:
• Matlab, particularly involved with Health Monitoring modelling and analysis.
• Monte Carlo Simulations on reliability applications.
Competitive remuneration Working with world class engineers to deliver Challenger 2 LEP