This listing has expired.
** 6-month contract inside IR35**
A Safety Engineer with OME experience required with the ability to deliver and perform the following tasks:
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake Systems Safety and Environmental Management Activities in accordance with an established Systems Safety and Environmental Management System under the oversight of a System Safety & Environmental Manager.
- Involved in hazard and risk management activities
- A member of safety panels and committees
- Manage contractors who perform safety management activities on their behalf
- Review and endorse safety outputs as appropriate
- Undertake safety/environment management activities such as hazard identification, risk assessment and provide advice on the reduction of risk to ALARP and tolerable levels and environmental equivalents
- Develop and maintain Safety Cases/Environmental Cases and hazard logs, production of Safety/Environmental Case Reports
- Oversee safety/environment panels and manage boundaries
- Ensure appropriate standards for safety/environmental management are correctly applied and delivered in contracts
Behavioural & Role Competences
- A self-motivated and pragmatic individual, with an ability to work effectively as part of a team to deliver successfully to schedule and budget.
- Ability to effectively adhere to flexible work schedules and locations to support the business and work requirements.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders & interfaces to progress business and program demands.
- Ability to identify value for money options through challenging the norm and implementing innovative solutions.
- Good working knowledge of MOD safety and environmental standards e.g. POSMS, POEMS, Def Stan 0056, Def Stan 00-051
- Degree, or higher education qualification in science or engineering
- Previous experience in OME and delivering safety and environmental artefacts
- UK Nationals only
- Willing to undertake limited UK Travel (if required)
Familiarity with Weapon Systems