* Home working *
* Company car *
* Commission *
Location: North London
To perform the key areas of the role enabling the Company to achieve its strategies, objectives and targets. Employees will show their commitment to our customer’s IMS by implementing and complying with processes and procedures. Company objectives will be discussed and agreed at Management Review Meetings then cascaded down to all employees during annual PDR appraisals and other regular departmental communications.
The Service Division specialises in providing a planned preventative maintenance programme and repair service for clients in the smoke control, climate control and building design fields.
Working from a home office and on the road, the Service Consultant will maximise the sales potential within the specified region. They will develop and maintain good relationships with key customers within the territory and identify systems that require major repair, refurbishment or replacement. In addition, they will seek out new service contract customers, and identify areas and opportunities for business growth.
KEY RESULT AREA KEY OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES
• Contribute towards the overall company order target by achieving individual order and gross margin targets. • Maximise the customer base within the territory, and actively seek out new customers for further business opportunities. • Identify systems that require major repair, refurbishment or replacement and provide proposals accordingly. • Promote Service via letters, reports, formal and informal presentations. • Follow up proposals and maintain records of survey and quotations. • Maintain quote bank data to ensure that it is an accurate reflection of true potential. • Negotiate orders to secure long term service contracts. • Keep the competitions’ market share to a minimum. • Cold call new and existing sites
Surveys and Customer Service
• Produce full and accurate survey reports, establishing access requirements, conditions of systems and customer needs. • Ensure proactive communication with customers and convey realistic lead-times to reflect resource and material availability. • Provide adequate information to allow accurate risk assessments and method statements to be produced. • Provide quality customer service, pre and post order, ensuring relevant deadlines are met. • Build professional relationships with the existing contract customer base, administer and influence the contract renewal portfolio. • Follow works progress to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Proven sales track record within a similar industry.
• Experience of working within the fire safety/smoke ventilation industry.
• Experience of working within the HVAC industry.
• Knowledge and experience of controls systems.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver expectations to deadlines.
• Able to organise own workload efficiently and to handle several tasks simultaneously.
• Good sales and customer service skills.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings.
• GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
• Formal electrical qualification.
• Current driving licence.
• City and Guilds in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.