As a Senior Account Manager, you’ll manage client relations and effectively drive relationships. You’ll play a pivotal role that knits all client activity together. This will involve the effective delivery of agency jobs: getting involved with preparing briefs, developing project plans and working closely with our in-house creative, copy and technology teams to deliver these to completion.
Working closely with your Senior Account Director, you’ll also develop strategies, and work across the agency to ensure project delivery and account growth.
Using your skills within a channel-marketing environment, you’ll have the opportunity to get your hands-on experience in crafting strategies for our clients using our new competencies within next-generation technologies such as immersion. You’ll also have the opportunity to refine your skills in client and financial planning.
For this role, our customer is looking for someone who is ambitious and seeking a long-term career.
Ideally, you’ll have a university degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent with a minimum of four years’ B2B experience for channel-marketing solutions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Take responsibility for the control of all client work and closely monitor suppliers to ensure all jobs are carried out efficiently and to a high standard
• Prepare creative briefs, utilising input from the client and appropriate team members
• Ensure excellence for projects is achieved in a timely manner and exceeds the client expectations
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and team members
• Provide client with confidence that the company will meet the client’s own expectations in terms of accuracy and quality
• Maintain and from time to time review operational procedures being used on your clients
• Recommend and implement process improvement aligned to company goals
• Review all jobs on completion both internally through assessment and externally in a client summary
• Provide accurate briefing and ensure information is available when required by own team and other departments
• Be aware of and monitor client’s marketing activity and that of their competition, developing an understanding of market dynamics, and client/competitor strategies and objective
• Ensure that all accounting procedures are efficiently adhered to for the company and your clients
• Maintain awareness of client expenditure month on month.
• Ensure profitability of projects
• Provide accurate information for Account Director’s or Client Services Director’s forecasts each month
• Anticipate and develop solutions to quality or cost problems
• Actively develop cross-department team spirit and involvement in your client’s activities
• Participate in client planning and development process
• Demonstrate a growing understanding of all aspects of marketing
• Participate in client presentations
• Look to actively identify new business opportunities with existing and new clients
• Train and mentor junior team members on daily tasks if required
• Work with the client to understand their challenges and work with the internal team to develop solutions to gain business value for client
• Demonstrate commercial acumen for financials, time and resource management and invoicing
• Contribute to the growth and direction of existing accounts – seeking out new business opportunities
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to review on a regular basis.
• A university degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent
• At least four years B2B agency experience
• A tech-savvy trend setter with a desire to work on cutting-edge tech solutions
• Works effectively independently as well as in a team
• Agency account management experience
• Proven track record of successful account growth
• Commercial and business acumen
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills a bonus but not essential
• Current experience within B2B/B2C marketing across multiple touchpoints and channels and/or understand how these campaigns work for clients to increase sales
You will be:
• Forward-thinking and self-directed
• Passionate and devoted
• Respectful and kind-hearted
• Optimistic and motivated