The Trainee Estimator will assist in the preparation of formal tenders and quotations to Customers. They will ensure that formal quotations and tenders are compliant with the technical specifications, that the scope of works and costings have been reconciled and formally agreed and that the contract terms and conditions are acceptable to the Company
|KEY RESULT AREA||KEY OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES|
|· Coordinate with Technical Design to ensure that the Technical Specification is compliant and approved.
· Coordinate with the Sales Person/Project Manager to ensure that the scope of works are agreed and fully incorporated into the quotation.
· Reconcile all current costings to ensure that they are accurate, current and formally approved.
· Coordinate with Commercial to ensure that the terms and conditions under which the bid is submitted are acceptable to the Company.
Procedures & Processes
|· Prepare and implement check lists for technical submissions.
· Prepare and implement checklists for scope of works, attendances and preliminaries.
· Assist the Bid Team Leader in maintaining the quotation bank ensuring that all quotations are up to date and accurately recorded.
|· Obtain quotations from key suppliers and sub-contractors, review and validate to ensure scope and specification is compliant and cost/time targets are met.
· Assist in the review of drawings and technical documents to ensure they are compliant in order to prepare estimates.
· Work with Bid, Procurement and Sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients.
|· It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the company QHSE Policy.
· All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes and procedures of the Company.
· Experience of a sales support environment.
· Understanding of standard forms of contract, terms and conditions
|· Understanding of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, PowerPoint & Excel).||· Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.|
|· Good literacy and numeracy.|
· GCSE or equivalent on Maths & English.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
*Self-motivated and driven
*Being able to work to strict deadlines