Digital Transformation • Change Management • Lean Six Sigma Project Implementation • Credit Risk Management • Operational Risk • Process Reengineering • Target Operating Model • Training Development & Delivery• BPO• KPIs Dash board Design and governance • Operational Excellence
Projects Consultant – Haffurd Consulting, Oxford, UK Jan 2017 to date
Leading projects in the field of risk management, digital transformation, e-commerce and process reengineering. Working with senior business management,
· Design target-operating models to deliver the optimal impact of business strategy. Develop implementation road map based on business priorities. Lead deployment projects against budgets and for measurable value addition on the ground.
· Design and implement change governance structures through cross-functional department collaboration around key business KPIs. Design and deliver intelligent dashboards to control successful change in financial, operational and customer factors.
· Project direction of e- commerce and digital transformation around legacy systems and new ore system implementations. Gathering and delivering on business requirements to deliver on strategic objectives.
· Design processes to deliver on XUD while controlling cost, waste, and redundancies through LEAN. Design on the optimal usage of capital deployed. Train on enterprise risk attitude, continuous improvement and agile project management.
Program Manager – Lean and process transformation – MashreqBank Dubai UAE Jun2011 – Nov2016
Set up and trained by McKinsey as an internal consultancy department to the bank and advisory to the wider Group of companies.
Program manager leading multiple project streams for the bank and insurance company owned by the group. Accountable as consultancy lead for the strategy planning, budget and implementation of process transformation projects. Evaluated on effective stakeholder management, billing, project deadlines and performance on measureable value impact delivered.
· Involvement at a strategic level with the CEO and C-suite personnel at the bank, Insurance Company and a FMCG company. Accountable for to inculcate, plan and implement Lean programs. Collaborate with business to design strategies in the area of growth management, Cost reduction, organizational right sizing, branch network management and digital transformation.
· Implement an Omni Channel strategy for its digital transformation of branches, direct sales and online channels. Design and implement operations KPI reporting dashboard for the branch network and a balanced score card for the management on the key deliverables in customer service and financial objectives.
· Run end 2 end improvement projects involving cross-functional teams. Redesign and implement new processes and automation. Manage BRD between IT and business. Design and negotiate terms of new SLAs and KPIs at touch points.
· Market analysis and design of branch strategy. Identify branch delivery focus based on segments served. Identify and rationalize operational activities. Implement centralization of operational tasks and right size branch head count. Subsequent process out sourcing of operational tasks to third party vendors. Assist business owners to re write standardized SOPs. Digitize warehouse inventory control and introduce the online auction of written off inventory.
· Business process mapping to identify waste. Design and implement improvements after buy in from stakeholders. Map value stream to optimize for improved customer experience and communication. Reduce rework, errors and instance of internal fraud. Target operational risk points and introduce automation.
· Lean implementation in the direct sales team vertical covering 500+ staff across UAE, Qatar and Egypt. Reduce time spent on processing and target to improve sales conversion with improved customer contact time. Addressed issues on sales conversion that included working with product owners and policy departments to define clearer segmentation for sales team to target. . Simplification and automation of sales process to improve initial customer experience.
· Setup, negotiate and run retail governance groups between business and support departments to manage customer, operational and financial KPIs score cards. To ensure these deliver on key business strategic objectives and promote continuous improvements. Conduct Lean audits for the senior management to monitor adherence at organizational level.
· Design and deliver workshops to inculcate Lean culture. Coach and influence unit managers to run Kaizen cycles. Set up platforms for collaborative problem solving and sharing of best practices by the process owners across international offices.
HEAD OF RETAIL CREDIT POLICY, SYSTEMS & REPORTING – MashreqBank, Dubai UAE 2007 – 2011
Responsibilities included complete management of performance of the unsecured retail lending books worth AED 8 Billion. The portfolio includes Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Revolving Overdraft, Merchant Acquiring and retail SME. Prime objective is to manage net credit losses, control origination quality and maintain the portfolio risk at budgeted levels. Leading a team of policy managers and analysts, activities involve:
• Planning and control of products through the credit cycle from origination through credit evaluation, disbursement and collection. Analytics, segmentation and management of book origination and management.
• Strategic design, approval and implementation of retail products for local as well as international markets. These include both conventional and Islamic prepositions.
• Developing the Risk data warehouse working with IT to include key variables for improved and accurate analysis.
• Manage analytics and reporting including development, deployment and maintenance of A, B & C score cards.
multiple positions – ABN-AMRO Bank, Toronto, Chicago, Amsterdam 1998 – 2007
HEAD OF GLOBAL CONSUMER CREDIT PRODUCT PROGRAMS (Amsterdam, Netherlands): Reviewed global retail product programs without delegated authorities in the Middle East, Africa and parts of Asia. Collaborated with regional CEOs to understand realities driving portfolio behavior and help deliver regional business growth ambitions while aligning them with organizational global risk tolerance. Conduct country level Risk assessment against implemented policies and programs.
VICE PRESIDENT, RISK CONTROL & REPORTING (Chicago, U.S.A.): Served as the secretary of the Retail Portfolio Oversight Committee. Mediated between risk and business functions for a $35B retail portfolio. Developed and managed a core retail data warehouse with cradle-to-grave portfolio performance KPIs. Established performance dashboards and scorecards for both business and risk functions. Drove the risk-weighted assets (RWA) calculation engine project through the complete life cycle.
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, RETAIL CREDIT RISK REPORTING (Chicago, U.S.A.): Developed and implemented retail business and risk performance reports for the review of business managers and CRO. Collaborated with portfolio owners and business managers on identifying market opportunities within corporate risk framework.
TREASURY OFFICER, TREASURY / OPERATIONS CONTROL (Chicago, U.S.A.): Controlled operations on various banking systems and reconciliation reporting.
SENIOR ANALYST CONSULTANT, TREASURY OFFICE (Toronto, Canada): Set up monthly performance measurements and control reports.
· Master in Business Administration (MBA)–University of Western Ontario, Canada
· Certifications : Lean Six Sigma Green Belt