07738593891 (English)/ +86 157 7315 3992 中国的 (Chinese)
355 Norwood Road, London. SE27 9BQ
Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Secondary) Spanish, Mandarin & French (predicted to) Obtain 2019
汉语水平口语考试 （中级）& 汉语水平考试 (Standard Chinese Proficiency Language) Level III Obtained 2018
University of Wales, Bangor Bangor, Wales
BA (Hons) in Criminology and Criminal Justice&Spanish
Final Grade Upper 2nd Class Honours (2:1) Obtained 2014
Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
Progama de intercambio estudantil Completed 2013
Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys Kent, UK
A-Levels: B (Spanish), B (Sociology), C (Philosophy and ethics) Obtained 2010
GCSEs: 3 As (incl. French & Spanish) 4 Bs (incl. Maths & English) and 3 Cs
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Goldsmiths University, Haberdasher’s Askes’s & The Charter School London, UK
Teacher of Spanish, Mandarin & French September 2018- present
· Achieved grade ‘outstanding’ by subject mentors and university tutors. Accomplished ‘distinction’ in all master’s level assignments.
· Boosted end of module exam results by an average of 13%, in second placement. Two of my classes became the top achieving cohort for their respective academic years in Spanish.
· Voluntarily offered to teach Mandarin. I was the only student and professional to be able to teach these three languages at a secondary school level.
· Refined my leadership and management skills after overseeing a form of thirty students, as well as the multitude of classes I led on my timetable.
JackHolness Consultancy in partnership with Reflux UK London, UK
Sino Expert & Mandarin Consultant August 2018- January 2019
· Augmented sales for Reflux UK by cultivating relationships with clients via email and telephone.
· Translated important documents such as Doctor’s diagnoses, questionnaires, testimonials and medical consent forms, which expanded the business into China, heightening sales exponentially.
· Offered expertise on Chinese markets, how to target the Sino community and effectively market our product to prospective Chinese clients.
Ørsted Energy London, UK
Energy Statistics Analyst (Temporary Position) January 2018 – April 2018
· Through expert proficiency and a swift grasp of the assigned duties, I concluded my tasks significantly quicker than anticipated, greatly reducing Ørsted’s budget expenditures.
· Accumulated the gross income from the district sales team, using excel to process, total VAT, and verify MPAN numbers.
· I routinely processed energy readings from external sources in to our SAP system. Meticulous validation was essential so that our clients received the correct balance and meter readings.
International Institute of Education Changsha, China English Teacher October 2016 -November 2017
· Participated in marketing activities such as tennis coaching and trivial science experiments on a regular basis, which alleviated sales.
· Placed second (of 600+ teachers) for the national lesson plan competition and first (out of sixty teachers) for the best class video in the regional teacher awards.
· Frequented company-training conferences to advance my teaching skills and classroom management techniques.
JSVER China & UK
English Consultant April 2016- January 2018
· I scrupulously amended translations from Mandarin to English on a freelance basis, which meant that our business was able to flourish on amazon to western markets, increasing sales several fold.
· I also became active in the company’s marketing strategies i.e. webinars and web blogs and aided in advertisements of electronic products so they would appeal to western economy.
· I learnt to collaborate with team members and to sustain robust international partnerships, how to deal with pressure in the workplace and apply my linguistic skills effectively.
Changsha Normal University Changsha, China
Head of Oral English. August 2014 – July 2016
· Overshadowed previous exam results with an increment of 21% percent in my first year and a further 14% in my final year. Promotion offered after formidable first year results.
· I restructured the languages timetable for the entire university and consequently managed to slash two hours off our fortnightly programme that became an English catch up club, which I led.
ATTRIBUTES, INTERESTS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Attributes: Tetralingual, Accomplished Half Marathon, Accomplished Private Tutor, Confident Public Speaker, Exceptional Presentation Skills (PowerPoint, Prezi), Microsoft Office Proficient.
· Interests: The British Journal of Criminology & Aesthetics, Hispanic Culture, Linguistics, Chinese Politics, Chinese Calligraphy, Animal Welfare, Yoga, Poker, International Cuisine, Traveling, Tennis, Running.
· Qualifications: HSK (Chinese proficiency test) Level 3 certified, HSKK (Spoken, intermediate), The Online Marketing Fundamentals Qualification. Google©, TEFL Certified, Business Qualification in Italian Language.