07736 680895 | SM5062@icloud.com
I am an experienced Technical/Solutions Architect, with excellent technical and problem-solving skills. Highly motivated and able to perform within security conscious and time pressured environments for the Emergency Services. Strong ability to take and assess business requirements, processes and match these to technical solutions, produce technical design and associated documentation. Knowledge of application development underpins a proven ability to adapt to changing environments across a diverse product and customer range.
Excellent interpersonal skills, pride and focus on customer service excellence are attributes that have secured and completed many projects as well as develop many good internal and external relationships.
General Knowledge of TOGAF and design methodologies
· Team Player
· Requirement gathering and analysis
· Cost and business benefit analysis
· Problem solving & decision making
· Creating & delivering presentations
· Change management
· Independent learning & product knowledge
· Creating & reviewing technical processes
· Creating & reviewing solution design and other technical documentation
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and with customers.
· Knowledge of test phases to prove requirements have been met.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Requirements Gathering, Solution Design
· Work with customers, third parties together with internal service and development teams to obtain and agree requirements and ensure the solution design meets each party’s needs.
· Transpose requirements in to a solution design that considers existing infrastructure, new technologies, best practice, resilience, supportability and cost in to a series of design documents.
· Production of technical documentation (high and low level), for internal and external audiences.
· Documentation to support handover of the solution in to Service teams.
· An ability to quickly understand the needs of the customer and supplier.
· Maintain customer & supplier relationships through regular communication and interaction.
· Identifies and actions process improvements and opportunities, whilst maintaining focus on existing processes e.g. I have identified opportunities to improve our infrastructure build process making it more automated and repeatable.
· Strengthening delivery documentation, increasing the use of DevOps to improve communication between project and development teams.
· Ensure that governance of each stage in the delivery lifecycle is adhered to ensures consistency and reduces risk.
· Quickly acquires the depth of knowledge required new tasks assigned and for personal development.
· Establishes a high degree of credibility amongst peers, assist the sales and development teams in the review of solutions designs as part of new bids, e.g. SaaS product hosted within Azure.
Lead Project Architect, Capita, April 2000 – Present
Although the job title has changed over many years, the role has remained the same. Since 2000 my role has meant I have designed, built, integrated, upgraded & tested many Command & Control (or Computer Aided Dispatch) systems for many UK Police Forces, Fire & Rescue Services, plus some government agencies. This has also included some of our bespoke Integrated Communications systems (radio and telephony) systems.
I am responsible for architecting the most effective & resilient solution, in order to meet the requirements of the customer, whilst maintaining the highest standards and objectives. Ensuring the successful delivery of technical solutions, ranging in size and complexity within the required timescales, specification and quality. This has been achieved by using agreed standards, methods and procedures. This includes outlining system designs and specifications for networks and networking technology.
Some projects have involved the migration of both existing and legacy data. I have investigated the data requirements, carried out and co-ordinated data analysis. I have helped define data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) plans for use as appropriate.
I act internally as a subject matter expert to other technical architects in various areas, e.g. command & control systems, GIS based systems, clustering and high availability solutions. Maintain and apply up to date knowledge of technology available for project solutions to reduce the capital and continuing support costs.
I have assisted in the coordination and planning of the solution acceptance tests in the majority of projects and programmes worked on and provided authoritative advice and guidance on test planning and execution.
Provide technical leadership, fault analysis and triage to a group of highly skilled engineers responsible for the delivery of critical solutions across the public sector within the UK and overseas. I also provide technical consultancy throughout the product and delivery lifecycles to other projects within the company.
Work with both the customer and internal support organisations to ensure that the solution is supportable and appropriate SLAs can be met. Ensure any third-party support agreements are available. Provide the appropriate documentation and support guides.
· Responsibility for all technical aspects of a project/programme
· Review and agree with customer the requirements and deliverables
· Assist programme and project managers in developing project plans, both in terms of resourcing and timescales
· Lead in customer solution design workshops
· Assist in the review of internal business processes and definition of standards to be used
· Identify cost savings for both the customer and project.
· Keep up to date with new technologies, processes and best practices
· Creating and reviewing design process approval documentation.
· For London Fire Brigade I designed a highly available, fully resilient integrated Command & Control and radio/telephone communications system using servers in data centres hosted on each side of London. This included a detailed network design and load balancing of web servers.
· Successfully designed the hardware infrastructure for a new Command & Control system one new combined compute/network/storage hardware for Greater Manchester Police who are the UKs third largest police force. Hosted in a virtual data centre.
· ITIL3 Foundation,
· CISCO ICND,
· ESRI ArcGIS,
· Veritas Volume Replication and Global Clustering,
· Oracle DBA & Backup and Restore,
· Solaris System Administration.
· Security Cleared (SC and NPPV2)
Computer Skills & Experience:
Cloud based computing (Azure),
Solution architecture design and analysis,
Technical presentation skills,
Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2016
Windows Desktop NT/XP/W7/W10
VoIP/Analogue/Digital Telephony integration
Aculab IP Gateway
Motorola TETRA integration
Fault analysis and problem management
Network design and configuration
ESRI ArcGIS Solution design, deployment and configuration
Backup solution design
High Availability system design.
Requirements capture and analysis.
Test execution and planning
Driving Licence: Full UK driving licence
Interests: Family life, keen golfer, walking