YVONNE A. TWUM – BARIMA, BA (Hons), MSc.
Highly experienced business analyst with over 20 years international experience in the United Kingdom and United States within the Finance and Health industries, skilled in developing information to enhance business opportunities. Dedicated in building relationships with key stakeholders to drive decision making at both strategic and operational levels. Leveraged the £1 million investment on the web- based prospecting and marketing tool, promoted its business benefit that increased usage from 1,200 to 2,500 users over two years.
• Stakeholder Management • Data Analysis • Prince2 (2001)
• Mentoring • SQL Programming • Teradata SQL Assistant
• Microsoft Office 2010 • MicroStrategy 9 • Base SAS (v9.1)
• Business Objects • SPSS (12.0 for Windows) • ANPM (Project Management)
LLOYDS BANKING GROUP 2002 TO MARCH 2019
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT 2014 to March 2019
Business partner with oversight on the design and governance of Corporate business performance reporting and enhancing stakeholder management to drive improvements in client service provisions.
• Embedded governance around the delivery of the Commercial Banking Client Dashboard and the CB Markets Balance Scorecards, applying stakeholder management skills which drove performance improvement actions on business performance to meet strategy commitments.
• Collaborated with Group IT on designing the customer on boarding report that will bridge the current gap on understanding the client product transaction life cycle and retain clients
• Successfully project managed the work stream that partially automated and streamlined reporting from the Pricing tool providing key pricing information to enable the Investment Committee approve client credit applications
• Accelerated engagement between the business and Group IT the enabled early implementation of the annual Small Medium Enterprise (SME) and Client Relationship Team (CRT) balanced scorecard performance framework
• Reviewed client reporting to ensure alignment to a client centric reporting framework across Commercial Banking, collaborated with Group IT and delivered a reporting platform (Management Information hub – MI Hub) for Small Medium Enterprise (SME) that restricted access based on personalised colleague authentication
CUSTOMER INSIGHT MANAGER 2012 to 2014
Business partner to the corporate business influencing business operational models and assisted in the attainment of medium-term plans.
• Delivered analysis that signposted an opportunity to gain potentially $74 billion in share of wallet for the bank analysing marketing surveys on the UK Gilt Markets
• Enhanced Financial Institutions data analytics capabilities, designed a bespoke prospecting tool that identified the top 20 UK SME banks and identified over 50 potential Auto lease pipeline opportunities for Financial Institutions (FI) Relationship Managers
• Provided analytical input to the final paper on Fast Growth companies, which informed Mid-Market’s future business operating model in enabling the smooth transition of top end clients into the higher tiered coverage areas
• Paved the way for demonstrating the viability of building transactional banking propensity modelling based on a fact-finding investigation that mapping source systems within the MI landscape to enable Commercial Banking to use transactional data for Insight purposes
BUSINESS ANALYST 2009 to 2012
Responsible for stakeholder management and enhanced the provision of business intelligence within the corporate business.
• Leveraged the £1 million investment on the web- based prospecting and marketing tool, promoted the business benefit of its new client prospect and research capability that increased its usage from 1,200 to 2,500 users over two years within Commercial Banking
• Organised and facilitated the working party which submitted the corporate’s strategy on developing a business intelligence roadmap to the Group Data Architecture Forum that steered and influenced discussion on the long-term strategy for corporate’s reporting toolsets
• Collated key management information reports that enabled the Deep Dive sessions to streamline report provisioning across Corporate which supported important decision making, including restructuring, changes to operating models and defaulting exposures for credit cards
• Simplified the business approver process, collaborated with an external consultant to design the Corporate’s Information Request SharePoint site that improved service level agreements, saved approvers time and led to a reduction of data quality issues by 90%
• Established, chaired and enhanced the influence of the Commercial Banking Analytics Forum in support of the Group’s personal development strategy with objectives that enabled knowledge sharing of data mining and analytics best practices within the corporate sector and provided scope for line managers to enable their staff to improve presentation skills
CORPORATE BUSINESS ANALYST 2002 to 2008
Developed the customer insight function through data mining and data profiling activities and enhanced communication and service provisioning between Corporate Banking and Group IT Service Delivery on IT project implementations.
• Improved IT service delivery on both project implementation and business as usual IT activities from a reactive to a proactive basis through the introduction of a service improvement plan signed off by the business and IT
• Analysed the benefit case for building Call to Activate propensity models on savings (about £720k per annum) on operational and marketing spend. Performed in depth reviews and made recommendations to the Corporate Connected Persons policy, that formed part of the 5-year marketing strategy initiative in conjunction with UK Retail Banking
• Promoted the viability of Business Objects and Teradata Warehouse Miner as a software analytical tool by building a prototype reporting environment and an attrition model. This influenced the business case for a self-serve reporting environment
• Delivered critically important recommendations, following a review of credit card marketing acquisition business strategy, which resulted in strategic change to the marketing of 0% balance transfers on credit cards.
EARLIER CAREER 1986 – 2002
Wide range of Business Analysis role experience within the Corporate Financial sector in the United Kingdom and Health sector in the United States that recommended opportunities to enhance client service provision, evaluated business processes and system improvement opportunities and project managed new initiatives (successfully project managed the introduction a high-income earner with £11.2bn of assets under administration to Abbey)
- BUSINESS TECHNICAL CONSULTANT Abbey 2000 – 2002
AUDIT ANALYST (3 MONTH CONTRACT) BBC 1999
SENIOR COMPUTER ANALYST Cedars-Sinai Medical Center 1996 – 1999
CLINICAL DATA COORDINATOR Managed Health Network 1993 – 1996
BUSINESS ANALYST (CONTRACT) Contact Plus 1992
BUSINESS ANALYST Nationwide Building Society 1989 – 1992
FINANCE ASSISTANT University of London 1986 – 1989
UNIVERSITY EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Prince2 Registered Practitioner 2001
MSC in Business Systems Analysis and Design City University, London 1990
BA (Hons) Economics with Business Administration Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada 1985